Originally founded by the Benedictine Sisters of Boerne, Texas in 1985, Every Texan has pursued the vision of a more equitable Texas for over three decades. We were originally the Benedictine Resource Center, and then the Center for Public Policy Priorities (CPPP) until 2020. We became an independent, tax-exempt organization in 1999, and over time we have advocated for expanding access to health care, improving fiscal policy, and broadening economic opportunity.
We are passionate about providing:
- An established, centralized resource for a breadth and depth of social justice issues
- A unified perspective and understanding of interrelated issues and how they affect one another
- Reliable, robust research and analysis that frequently can’t be found anywhere else
- Knowledge and expertise in policy change unbiased by political affiliation, goals, or contributions
- Partnership with organizations specializing in issues of social justice
- Genuine solutions guided by a clear, focused mission to benefit every Texan